Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
M
Closed
Camera facing window
installation
troubleshooting

I have a camera that in a window that looks on to my driveway th the camera is not picking up alot of stuff what do I do

I though that is what it ment for

16-11-2023 05:42:15

Responses (3)

C
Hi @Mattman2019. We do not recommend facing your Ring Security Camera directly at a window, as the glass will negatively impact the Camera's ability to detect motion. Try placing your Camera in a different location so that it it is not facing a window, and that should reduce any issues with motion detection.

17-11-2023 08:46:12

C
I have a Ring camera facing out a window and it works fine during the day. One major drawback with the Ring cameras is that they will not detect motion through glass at night. I don't know why that is because I also have Google Nest and Kasa cameras and they work just fine at night. Just make sure night vision is turned off.

18-11-2023 02:52:09

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

18-12-2023 02:52:54

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User