Camera distorted at night onlu

Hello, anyone got any ideas how i.can.fix.this?
It goes like this on night mode only thank you

1 Like

Depending on which model of Video Doorbell you have, this could be WiFi related or even power related. For Video Doorbells like the Doorbell Pro/ Pro 2, these require proper wiring installation and inclusion of the Pro Power Kit for adequate power. Check out our Help Center article for installation instructions.

Other than power, Wifi is always worth considering. Check out your RSSI in the device health section of the Ring app, to ensure for optimal wifi signal.

If this concern persists, try resetting your Ring device by holding the setup button for 20 seconds. After that, walk through a new setup in the Ring app using the steps under Set Up a Device. Should that not resolve the issue, please reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here. You can also get in touch with our support team on Facebook @Ring.

Did you ever try the fix suggested? I get the same issue at night. Ring’s solution was for me to buy a corner mount kit or something. That won’t help me. The video cam is perfect during ring the day.

Hi @steno86. A Corner Kit would be suggested if your Ring Doorbell had too much of a wall or obstruction in its view, which would cause the light to be reflected back into the camera lens. The picture in this original post is a different issue, which a Corner Kit would not resolve.

I’d recommend reviewing the troubleshooting steps in the marked solution and trying those. If those steps don’t work, follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here. You can also get in touch with our support team on Facebook @Ring.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.