Camera Deactivated

Discovered today that one of my stickup cams was deactivated and they have no way of re-activating it without me being there. Kind of defeats the purpose doesn’t it???

Totally concur. Same thing happened to me. Camera was deactivated (not by me) and Ring is unable to reactivate it. I am not at this location and unable to have anyone access this location. Totally defeats the purpose. More concerning is the lack of interest and concern by the Ring staff. You would think that this problem (inadvertent deactivation) would be addressed and would not happen. Everything else in this world that is going to be deleted gets an “Are you sure you want to delete this?” Additionally, if Ring is able to deactivate the camera, they should be able to reactivate it similar to other technology products. Ring needs to admit this and let us know they are working on a fix. Very disappointing

Hi neighbors. This messaging indicates that your Camera has been disconnected from wifi, and you should be able to reconnect it without issue. I know that seeing a device has been “deactivated” can cause some concern. When you’re able to, please try reconnecting your Camera to your wifi network following the steps here. Completing a new setup using the steps under Set Up a Device is another option as well.

If you’re unable to get your device reconnected using the steps above, I’d suggest reaching out to our support team for further assistance. Our support team can also assist if you have any concerns regarding your account, as the Ring Community is a public forum and we do not have any access to account details. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.