Camera Blurry

Hi! My spotlight camera is blurry at night (attached). Any ideas? I have many and this is the only one doing that.

1 Like

Hi @justinwross. This could be due to the Spotlight Cam’s connection or a physical obstruction on the camera lens. Try the steps below to see if any of them help improve the view.

• Gently clean the Spotlight Cam’s lens with a dry cloth to ensure there’s no dirt or debris obstructing it.

• If there has recently been any inclement weather such as heavy rain, inspect the Spotlight Cam thoroughly to ensure no water has worked its way into the device.

• Check the RSSI on your Spotlight Cam to make sure it has a strong and stable connection to your wifi network. A weaker connection can impact the Live View’s quality which may be causing this.

I hope these tips help resolve this blurry view for you. If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can troubleshoot with you more thoroughly. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

@justinwross That is either some sort of glare or the lens is dirty/fogged up.

1 Like

I have the same problem, I 1st had it in the backyard, then I moved it closer to my wifi like we are talking a few feet away, I’ve cleaned the lens, did everything, but at night it’s absolutely horrible

1 Like

Hi @Glenn43. Can you post a screenshot of how your video looks on the device you are referring to? This will give us a better idea of how to assist you.

I’m having the same issue. I tried everything I could based on your suggestions, ie. lens cleaning and resetting wifi to the camera. The camera view actually deteriorate over a period of 3 months getting worse everytime. I’ve owned 2 ring floodlights for about 4 years and this is the only one having clarity issues. The other one still very clear.

Hi @user33503. If this concern persists and you have tried the troubleshooting steps in the marked solution, as well as ensured that your Camera is receiving a strong wifi signal, I’d recommend following up with our support team so they can take a closer look. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.