Camera Battery

My camera battery loses charge very quickly. Charged it for a full day. Put it outside at 9:00 pm last night and it had already went down to 11 percent by 9:00 am. It is 80 degrees outside. So not too cold. And signal is great. Not a ton of activity. Do not know what the problem is.

This is odd to hear, @Hayewatson. A battery should not drain from 100% to 11% over night. This is unusual even for frequent activity or cold temperatures. Thank you for checking on factors such as number of events, temperature, and signal strength. I recommend also checking with any shared users to see if they are triggering live views often. Frequent or lengthy live views can also drain battery quickly.

If this concern persists in this manner, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I saw same issue with mine, I had all motion settings off and only a few live views and no sharing. Battery was 100% still in morning but then at some point in the day it went to 58%. Wifi was no worse and 78. This scenario happened twice and support has been engaged.

Battery now 62 due to solar charging. It would be useful to have a graph of battery %over time so we can try to trace the sudden drainage.