Calendar style notification search tool

Love my Ring Floodlight Cam Wired Plus. I like the app too. I am planning adding more of these at my place.
I am wandering if it’s in the plans at Ring to develop a better search tools for recorded notifications, and/or events? I subscribe to the Basic Protect Plan.
I am thinking of a Calendar style search tool with a time-frame feature.
My issue is that I get anything between 65, and 80 notifications a day sometimes more. That’s how I have set this up.
So, let’s say I want to search for a specific event from 4 days ago, I need to scroll back the whole history, and it’s not very efficient this way.
I understand that I can get there so, let’s say it’s my “wish” for an upcoming upgrade.
Other than that, it’s perfect.
Thanks.
Al in Montreal, Canada

Hi @AlainBlais. I’m glad to hear you’re enjoying your Camera! As for your request, we do currently have a way to filter your events by date and event type in the Ring app. If you go to your Cameras Event Timeline, you should see a calendar symbol on the bottom. If you tap it, you should be able to select the date you want to review videos for. Next to the calendar option, you will also have the filter option to tap on. This will let you go through your recordings by event type. I hope this is what you are looking for. If not, as we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add your ideas and any future feature requests there. This will help us organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks a ton Justin. Just watched the video, and I got it.
One last question. Can I go back more than 5 days?
Al.

1 Like

Hi @AlainBlais. I’m glad the video was able to help you out. As for your recordings, you should be able to go back as far as 180 days, depending on your Video Storage Settings. Keep in mind that if you were on a Ring Protect trial and it expired, any recordings made prior to that time will not be available. The same would go for Protect Plans that were canceled. I hope this helps.

I would also like to see a calender based serach option. Whilst I can filter on camera/spotlight, I live in a city and there are hundreds of daily recordings. Scrolling back 3 days has taken over 15mins on my Android mobile. The website works a little better, but again, I have to drag a bar, wait for new entries to load, drag the bar, wait for new entries, to load, drag the bar, wait for new entries, to load, etc. Being able to select a single date and see a list of recordings from a doorbell camera and a spotlight in the same list, would be a huge improvement to user experience.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.