Button Stuck?

I have a ring gen 2 video door bell that is NOT hardwired. I use the rechargeable battery on my door with an anti-theft case under a covered porch.

Today at 7:13 pm my camera alerted that there was a “missed ring” but there was no one there. Since then, the bell has been “ringing” about every 5-10 minutes. The button feels stuck (I can’t press it in) and the chime plays but is very very quiet.

Just ordered a screw driver small enough to unscrew the front plate, but didn’t know if anyone had any recommendations or experienced this problem. Thanks!

Hi @Sydneyhale. We strongly advise you to not dismantle your device in any way, as it may void your warranty. You can learn more about your device’s warranty here. Should you have any concerns with your device’s performance and you’re not able to find a solution here on the Community, please reach out to our support team before attempting to take your device apart. Give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.