Button on top of the indoor camera

The button on top of the indoor camera seems to put it into configure mode, which deactivates the camera. Does anyone else know about this? It seems like a horrible idea as it can be easily pushed and won’t reset unless you unplug/replug the camera. Anyone else have issues with this? Purhaps make it so you need to hold the button for 10 seconds?

Good question @bran000! At Ring, we are passionate about security and providing various options to ensure our neighbors can obtain an efficient ‘Ring of security’. Covering all bases is important which is why we offer outdoor, indoor, powered, battery, and POE camera-enabled devices as well as several other security options such as Alarm.

I recommend mounting your devices in strategic locations to always ensure you are capturing approaching visitors, both inside the home and out. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I agree with you Bran. It doesn’t seem like Marley is going to do much to pass the suggestion on to the new features department or anything but maybe they just didn’t feel the need to say anything

Hi @user27617. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place.