Bug? Android: Can't watch recent motion recording on App if I watch too quickly

Hi Folks,

I am guessing this may have been discussed before but I couldn’t find anything.

If my security cam notifies me of motion in the garden, I open the app and see the motion video icon and try to play the video and I just get the circle of death.

Once I get the circle of death I can never watch the video on my phone. I can go to the website and view it and my wife can view it on her phone, but I just watch it loop round and round… I can try again hours later and get the same issue.

All other videos work fine as long as I don’t try to watch within about a minute of the notification.

A

Thank you for the image example, @Andy68! Initially, your experience is normal in the sense that if you were to miss the window for live streaming the event itself, you would then have to wait for the recording to be ready. That recording should only take seconds/ minutes to process for viewing, however, depending on variables such as wifi connection and length of video. Let’s see if we can improve live view timing, as well as the recordings playing back for you.

I recommend using the Rapid Ring app for some time to see if your experience with answering event live improves. Please also ensure there is not a vpn enabled on your mobile device. As you mentioned this working for another mobile device, please confirm what mobile device you are using, if this concern persists.