Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
B
Bronze doorbell corroded and peeling off
negative-feedback

Hi! I have a number of Ring devices at home, and they work very well. However, after approx 1 year, the front doorbell started to look horrible and has paint bubbling and peeling off (see picture). It’s not a nice introduction for people visiting me!

Is it some sort of manufacturing defect of the bronze devices?

IMG_4889

21-01-2024 06:07:19

Responses (2)

T

Hi @Br_UK. As these are outdoors devices, wear and tear or corrosion can occur. If these blemishes are causing the device to not function, please follow up with our support team. You can also get in touch by sending a private message @Ring on Facebook or Twitter.

23-01-2024 03:36:39

U

Tom are you joking? Have you owned one of your company’s defective products. They shouldn’t corrode in the way they do. Locking threads and refering people to your customer service team who just offer a paltry discount on a replacement is very poor. A doorbell that can’t last a year outdoors

02-06-2024 08:25:04

B

True, it’s an outdoor device, and that’s exactly why these things shouldn’t happen, especially after just one year.
If this is normal, then its design is obviously not fit for purpose. It works (for now) but looks horrible and I wouldn’t touch that thing if I had to ring the door.

Anyway thanks for your answer.

24-01-2024 08:16:25

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User