Broken speech. Can't understand conversation

Unable to have a conversation with anyone at the door. Video not clear either

Hey @Billy2, could you please attach a video of this choppy audio and video? Having this as a reference would help the neighbors in the community better assist you. Also, please include the type of device you have and also what your Device Health page is looking like (RSSI, battery level, etc).

The sound quality of our video doorbell 2 is dreadful both microphone and audio break up every second or so constantly. It has done this since day one, making it impossible to speak to someone, hear effectively or for them to be able to make themselves heard and understood. The video aspect of the doorbell is brilliant but it’s certainly nowhere near what we were sold, extremely disappointing. We have very fast Virgin Wi-Fi with a really good signal and up-to-date tech to receive the signal, varying from Android, to Windows, to iPhone and even on a Portal. None of this is of any consequence and it remains impossible how to use the audio and microphone features to talk to the person at our door. It rather defeats the object of the doorbell when it is quicker to get up and go to the door than it is to try and use the terrible broken sound.
Have now tried pretty much everything with no effect. Any suggestions gratefully received. At the moment it’s just a pointless white elephant or overpriced wireless doorbell, depending on how you look at it.

Hi, I am New to this whole Ring business, and having purchased a doorbell Pro, I had an electrician hard wire it in, trouble came when it was trying to up-date itself, If I tried to reset it once I reset it a hundred times, the outer white circular light kept reappearing.
Not knowing who or were to turn to I finally found a support number were the operative on the other end of the line could see that the doorbell was having issues resetting itself.
She put in motion the ordering of a replacement. Good start I thought as I had already waited sometime for the first one brought direct from Ring, USA and delivered to the UK, anyways the second ring pro arrived and was fitted, It did load the updates ok and all seems to be working, Video at least, so much so, I went ahead and purchased a security camera from Ring. Video great but unable to take or hear anyone as the speech just keeps breaking and if you play back any saved clips the same has been recorded.
The problem happens whether I’m using my Samsung phone or IPad Pro to answer.

Very disappointing as watching Rings own videos that leads you on to purchase the equipment, there sound quality is great.

1 Like

Hi neighbors! Thank you for sharing your feedback on your experiences here. While it sounds like you’ve tried some basic troubleshooting steps already, I’d also recommend taking a look at this Help Center Article here, which covers troubleshooting for audio and sound concerns.

If the tips in that Help Center Article don’t help resolve these audio concerns, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They’ll be able to take a closer look for you. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: