Brand New Ring Doorbell (2nd generation) (5UM5E5) not charging

Hi,

Brand new in box Ring Doorbell 1(I think) 2nd gen. Everywhere says it’s supposed to light up when charging.
Have tried multiple cables that. I know work and multiple usb ports and plugs however there is no sign of any activity on the device.

No lights going round on front, nothing.

Any ideas? Or have I received a new doorbell with a dud battery?

Thanks in advance!

When you charge the Battery via USB cable does it completely charge? Your battery needs a charge, I believe, before the Doorbell will function.

No idea. Don’t even get the blue light as per Rings information about when it’s charging.

Have plugged into a battery pack, which turns on when it’s plugged in, but doesn’t drain the % number down like phone would (1% in about 20 mins)

No lights on the ring device at all.

It’s the 2nd generation so camera/ringlight/battery all in one (disconnects from the bracket attached on wall)

Have tried holding the orange button on back for 15+ seconds but it’s just like a brick at the moment.

Hi @Tride. Since your Doorbell is not responding after attempting a reset by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds, please follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here. Our support team can provide further troubleshooting and find a solution. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.