Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
H
Both cams show offline. What is going on?
wireless-security-cameras
Beyond annoyed and frustrated. My cameras have worked perfectly for months. Full power, my WiFi works excellent and no other devices are having an issue, just Ring. Now both outdoor cameras keep going offline. What the heck is going on? For the first time, I actually needed a video to record last night, but no, both cameras went offline. Suddenly started working this morning and now they are offline again!! This all started about a week ago. Is this an issue with RING? I'm about to just pull them down and buy a different product. So frustrated!

24-07-2021 01:46:33

Responses (5)

M
Sounds like weak signal to the cams. You should list your signal strength.

24-07-2021 04:45:23

C
Hi @Hbopp. First, what model of Ring Camera do you have? You can find this information on the back of the device itself, on the original packaging, or on the Device Health screen in the Ring App. Also as @Mdickinson mentioned, a good starting place for a concern like this is to check the signal strength on your Ring Cameras. The [RSSI](https://community.ring.com/t/how-it-works-your-ring-device-rssi-good-vs-poor/229#M4), which you can also find on the Device Health screen for each Camera, is a measure of the signal strength that your device has with your wifi network. What is this showing for your Cameras? I'd be happy to offer a few helpful suggestions once we have a bit more information. :)

26-07-2021 08:03:50

P
Hi. I’ve had the exact same problem. Everything has been working fine then suddenly both ring door bells are showing live view ended. Reconnect. It just won’t connect at all. Everything else is working fine of the WiFi. If anybody has any ideas. Please help.

30-07-2021 11:28:26

D
Both of my ring devices were offline this morning. I rebooted my internet modem and router, and they both reconnected. After an hour, one device is again offline. There is no problem with my internet or WiFi. I have had these devices for over a year and this has never happened. Clearly this is related to the update I received yesterday. Surely there is a fix by now?

31-07-2021 03:41:14

Dally88 has summed up my problem in the description of his problem, this has happened since the last update and the shift to the new live view

01-08-2021 02:32:22

T
I have been encountering the same issue this week.

01-08-2021 03:16:14

Here we go again, another update and my two cams go offline, then they work ok again, then go offline, then they show there is motion but I cannot view the motion. What is going on with Ring do they not test the updates!!!!!!!

01-08-2021 02:24:30

C
Hi neighbors! If you've checked the RSSI on your Ring devices and it appears to have a good connection but you're still experiencing the Camera disconnecting or showing as offline, I'd recommend contacting our support team so they can take a closer look with you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406). We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360041597471) to see how to contact support. Feel free to report back in this thread on what solution our support team recommends. :)

02-08-2021 11:47:06

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User