Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
U
Both batteries discharging
troubleshooting
wireless-security-cameras

I have a spotlight cam pro with two batteries fitted.
Should one battery discharge before the other takes over? Only one battery shows 58% and the other shows 82%.

26-12-2023 09:30:53

Responses (2)

U

Just checked my battery percentage again and one battery shows 80% and the other shows 68% so in less than 24 hours one battery has used 2% and the other has gained 10%.
This can’t be correct.
Does anyone have any ideas?

27-12-2023 07:15:10

T

Hi @user72536. Is this Spotlight Cam Pro connected to a solar panel? It is normal that one battery will be used first and the other second. Additionally, cold weather can affect the batteries capacity.

28-12-2023 03:52:49

U

Hi. Tom.
No it is not connected to a solar panel.
I have just checked again and one battery has 36% and the other has 69%.
When I first got the camera it would use one battery at a time but the last two times that I have charged one of the batteries it seems to be using either battery randomly.
Thanks. Steve

30-12-2023 02:38:09

C

Hi @user72536. I’d recommend fully charging each battery, then ensuring they are both firmly installed in the battery hatch. After doing that, perform a quick reboot using the reboot option on the Device Health page in the Ring app. If the Camera still appears to be using both batteries at random, please get in touch with our support team at one of the numbers available here. You can also reach our support team on Facebook @Ring by sending a private message. They can take a closer look at things on the back end to see what may be going on.

02-01-2024 09:58:50

U

Hi Caitlyn.
I have fully charged both batteries and put them both in at the same time and at the moment only one is discharging so hopefully all will be ok.
I will only know if this is ok when I take battery one out and recharge and then replace it.
Thanks.
Steve

10-01-2024 06:41:12

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User