Blue record light comes on randomly

We have a stick up cam in our living room. The blue light will come on at random times, when no one is using live view. Motion detection is turned off. I feel like someone is watching us! Anyone else have this issue??

Thank you! We were getting so creeped out.

1 Like

Problem is not solved. Motion detection and snapshots turned off. Device is still recording linked events at random times! Why???

Hi @Rainb0wBrite. To clarify, do you have your Ring Camera linked with any other Ring devices via the Linked Devices feature? If you do, your Ring Camera will record when another device is activated based on your settings, as that is how the feature works. Otherwise I would recommend reviewing your Modes settings to ensure the Motion Detection is disabled in all of the modes you want it disabled in.

If this concern persists, I’d recommend attempting a reset on your Camera by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After the reset is complete, take the Camera through a new setup in the Ring app using the steps under Set Up a Device. Ensure all of your settings with Motion Detection and recording are set to your liking and monitor the Camera’s behavior.

For any further questions or assistance, you can follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.