Blue light doesn't circle

I recently changed cellphones and installed the Ring app for our Ring Doorbell.

I am able to access a “live view” from the Ring Doorbell but it doesn’t “ring” when someone rings the doorbell.

My wife has no problems and can live view and hear the doorbell app but the doorbell app does not work on my phone and when I tried to reset the Ring app and pressed the button on the side nothing happened (it usually circles until my phone is able to read the Ring icon (connect) but nothing happens, the blue circle does not initiate. Again, when the doorbell rings, my wife is notified but I can’t get my (Pixel) phone activated.

Any help that you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Bob

Hey @boblink! If the notifications are making it to at least one of your mobile devices, then the Doorbell is working as intended. Being that your wife is getting notifications on her phone, please ensure she’s added you as a shared user to the device, and that you toggled the notifications on in your Ring app.

If this does not resolve this concern, please try to uninstall and reinstall the app on your mobile device. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Thank you for getting back to me Marley, I understand what you are saying but I don’t think you addressed the issue with the fast circling blue circle on the doorbell when I press the button on the inside of the device. I’ve owned the Ring Doorbell for a few years and when I “press” the button, the circle on the front of the doorbell starts spinning enabling me to “pair” the device with my Pixel phone. As I mentioned, this is what happened in the past, when I press the button on the inside of the device, NOTHING happens (the circle in front does not spin) and would appreciate your help on this?

Thank you Marley

Bob