Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
A
Blue circling light around bell push - Hard wired bell
hardwired-video-doorbell
troubleshooting
Hello all - I have just bought a hardwired RING doorbell and wondering if it supposed to work like this Person presses the button, bell rings, the light around the push button scrolls blue colour for about a minute and then goes back to white ... but the button cannot be pushed/heard again until the light around the button turns white. What happens if a person presses the bell switch , but then wants to press the doorbell again within a minute? - its seems they cannot until the light goes back to white thanks for any help / advice. Andy.

08-12-2023 08:33:38

Responses (3)

T
Hi @andy_in_ireland. This sounds like normal operation. The button can be pressed once per event. This means, the button triggers a recording and cannot be pressed (and heard) again until the recording is over. I hope this clears up any confusion.

12-12-2023 02:40:44

A

Thank you for your answer. But I do not have a plan , so nothing is recording down (no pictures or video) so why does the person still have to wait a minute to push the doorbell button again?
Most people will press a doorbell button then a few seconds later will press the button again if they get no answer at the door

18-01-2024 12:09:08

J

@andy_in_ireland. I am happy to chime in. Regardless of whether you do not have a plan, this is how the Doorbell functions.

19-01-2024 05:00:22

A

thank you but what is the reasoning behind it , that it is designed like that do you know?

05-02-2024 11:38:51

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

06-03-2024 11:38:52

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User