Black video recordings and live

I’ve looked every where even put my firewall off to see if it works that way my ring doesn’t record and shows black screen it was working 2 days ago I even restart it.

Hi @maxlee93! Thank you for checking on the network features. The next best step will be to reset your Camera by holding the setup button for 20 seconds. Once complete, perform a new setup. Please also remove and reinstall the app to ensure it is not a app/ mobile device error. As long as your wifi signal strength and speeds are sufficient, this should certainly help your obtain video. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

Hello Marley I did pretty much everything to get the Ring to work but nothing seems to work at all even reconnecting to the internet wifi keeps saying failed to connect. Any other things to do I did renew my memebership like 2-1 months ago and it’s kind of odd that my ring stopped working.

It sounds like you’ve covered all the necessary steps for this to be working @maxlee93! I recommend reaching out to our support team for a more in-depth look. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

Hello, I got it fixed the ring never got updated with the new updates you guys came out with everything is working out now.

1 Like

How did you get it to update? I’ve been having the same problem since I got it.

Hi @Kath1! To update your Ring app, there should be an option to update in your mobile device app store when searching for the Ring app. If not, try removing and reinstalling the Ring app, as this should also prompt an update.

For Ring device firmware, you can check if your Ring device is up to date by following these steps:

• Open the Ring app, and select your Ring device.
  • Click on Device Health near the bottom of the Ring app.
  • Under Device Details, find Firmware.
  • If your firmware is up-to-date, it will say “Up to date.”

If there is a number, your firmware needs to be updated. Your device should update automatically after the next time there is an event (Motion, Ring, or Live View). I hope this helps! :slight_smile: