Black video recording

I have two ring cameras, the Ring Doorbell (2nd Gen, I’ve had this for about a year now) and an indoor camera (got a month or two ago).

The cameras were working fine but since yesterday I’ve been getting a black screen for some videos always at 40 sec. long. I’m able to go live just fine but looking back through the timeline some of the motion recordings are just a black screen. I’ve checked on 3 phones, my tablet, and my laptop but the video is the same on all of them. This happens throughout the day, affecting each one at different times. Thankfully it’s a bit rare but I’d still like to fix this issue. I don’t think it’s my internet connection since it’s working fine and the signal strength is strong for both devices.

Same issue. Any suggestions? Have checked WiFi and it is fine. Hard wired. Plenty of power. No changes.

Hey neighbors! If you’re experiencing concerns with black videos, I’d recommend checking the RSSI on your device to ensure it is receiving a strong signal. If the RSSI looks good, you can check out this Help Center Article on how to resolve black video errors by making some adjustments on our router.

If the recommendations above do not help, then the next step would be for you to reach out to our support team directly so they can take a further look into this. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Noticed a few people reporting black video recordings. This has started to happen to my Ring doorbell 2 just today. The spotlight cam is working fine, and both are linked to the same wifi, and positioned at the front of the house, so it can’t be that which is causing the problem. Also, its intermittent, sometimes it works, sometimes its black. No idea what is going on but we really need to get it resolved.