Birds eye view

I am unable to set up my camera geo fence as the birds eye view is completely blurred. Any suggestions on making birds eye view pip clearer?

Hi there, @KILBS66! When setting up the Bird’s Eye View map, there should be an option for either satellite or vector map. Choose the other to see if one is better for your location. Here is our help center article with steps and a visual example of this. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

The Ring app now has the map view that allows drawing an outline of the property and placing the cameras. Is it possible to use the same map for the bird eye view?

In my case both the satellite image and the vector graphics are outdated. Also it seems redundant having to place the cameras both in the map view and again in the Birds Eye view in two separate maps.

Hi @snairolf. You cannot use the same map from Map View for Birds’ Eye View. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place.

I have the same problem. The map data is probably 3-5 years old. My house / property does not appear on either the satellite or vector views. I don’t think this is a feature request rather a request for Ring to update their map data.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.