Birds eye view does not work in the UK

My birds eye view is so blurry you cannot work out what it is. Google maps is so much better and would work well. Ring please fix this issue and following a little research i see its a known problem.

1 Like

@Richmike Ring use a company called MapBox to provide the mapping for the feature. You are correct in your observation that the coverage in large parts of the UK is very very poor. Much better in the USA from what I understand. The feature is only of use if you have a fairly large property or large front garden/approach to your home from what I have found. I just switched the function off as it was of no benefit to my setup.

1 Like

I’ve just installed a floodlight pro to protect cars on my driveway and I also agree that the satellite imagery that Mapbox provides for the Birds Eye view is totally sub-standard and not useable due to the very poor resolution and blurriness of the footage, which appears to be not recent either.
Ring really need to hold Mapbox to account to provide quality imaging, particularly for the UK or change the software to allow users to select Google or Bing mapping overlays instead. This mars what would otherwise be a really useful feature that I need.

2 Likes