Best height to install the indoor/outdoor cam when installing this outdoors.

Hello,

I’ve just purchased an indoor/outdoor stick up cam with solar panel but it does not give me the best height to install this outside. I have a patio area at my back door and window and intend on placing this in such a way as to capture my back garden including the back gate, shed, garage door etc. I called Ring and they recommended between 5 and 7 feet above ground level but this seems really low and very, very reachable by someone who is 6 feet tall. Can anyone give me some guidance on this please? Many thanks

Susan

@Susanhh13 wrote:

Hello,

I’ve just purchased an indoor/outdoor stick up cam with solar panel but it does not give me the best height to install this outside. I have a patio area at my back door and window and intend on placing this in such a way as to capture my back garden including the back gate, shed, garage door etc. I called Ring and they recommended between 5 and 7 feet above ground level but this seems really low and very, very reachable by someone who is 6 feet tall. Can anyone give me some guidance on this please? Many thanks

Susan

9ft

1 Like

Hi @Susanhh13! As @ChrisJohn shared, 7 to 9 feet is a great height for mounting for the best coverage. Although this height sounds easily reachable by a person, it will also give you the best range of detection, so that you will capture visitors before they even reach the Cam.

Having your Camera at a reachable height will also make it easy for you to access if you wanted to alter its positioning, or add an accessory later. Keep in mind also, Ring devices are covered under the theft policy! :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for your advice. That sounds about right so that’s reassuring. Best wishes
Susan

1 Like