Battery suddenly draining rapidly

This is my third year with the ring doorbell two. The first two years I would have to charge the battery every 6-8 months and it worked great. Now suddenly my battery is draining fast.

I ordered a new battery thinking my old battery was going bad, charged it fully, and it notified me 2 days later saying the battery needed to be charged.

I have changed no motion setting, everything is set to minimal , and all settings are set for optimal battery life. Wifi signal is strong and the weather is not cold.

I thought maybe it was the plants on my front porch triggering something, so I removed all plants from my porch and this did not help.

Only thing I have noticed is under “recent activity” there’s a “linked event-motion” that pops up every minute or two despite there being no motion at the front door. I also have nothing linked to this camera except a chime.

I’m growing increasingly frustrated. Is it a coincidence this started happening around the time my Ring Protect plan expired? There should be no reason I cant hang a plant on my front porch while having a ring doorbell…