Battery out of doorbell not charging

I have taken the battery out of my doorbell and plugged it in for two days now. It is still showing orange and green lights. How do I get it to charge?

Hi @Bsneary. The battery should be fully charged within 8 hours. If it’s taking more than 24 hours to charge, you may need to try another outlet, plug, or battery for the device. In the event you still cannot get the battery to charge, you can also contact our support team, who may recommend for you to purchase another battery. For support, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

hi Ring Support team,

I got the same issue with my Ring device, the battery is dead since early June, I confirmed this situation after chatting with the customer service agent on July 1st, the lady on the call said she will send me a follow-up email for my issue, nothing happened since then. I sent an email to help@ring.com on July 2nd and there is no reply. I understand the waiting time is longer than usual during pandemic, but is there a way Ring could help your customers besides asking us to buy a new Ring device??

Hi @Lucyzh. Our email service at help@ring.com if not currently available and has been shut off since March, so this would be why you have yet to receive a reply. No worries though, happy to help guide you further to get this sorted out! Since you did not get the follow up email, please give our support team a call again at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. They should be able to see any previous interactions you had with support to pick up from where you left off! :slight_smile:

1 Like