Battery lights

Hi, whilst charging my ring 2 battery it is displaying both amber and green lights flashing, I can’t find what that means.
Thanks

Hi @Sobochris. The rechargeable battery pack for the Doorbell 2 and 3 will display an orange and green LED while it is charging. Once it is fully charged, only the green LED will be lit. Rest assured everything is functioning correctly! :slight_smile:

I am seeing the same thing while recharging my battery. You didn’t really answer the question about what the blinking lights mean. Please let us know what this secret code means.

The lights are flashing…both light are flashing when plugged in to charge. What does that mean.

I just had this same issue, and for me at least the issue is that I was using an older brick that didn’t have enough power. I switched to a newer brick from an iPad and it stopped blinking and charged.

Weird that they don’t seem to document this anywhere, but at least one potential reason for both green and amber lights blinking is using an older brick or a brick with a lower wattage than whatever the batter is trying to draw.

1 Like

When charging my battery the green and amber are lit but after some time the amber starts flashing. The battery also doesn’t seam to to holding its charge, could this be related.

I’m having the same problem with one of my batteries. The other one, the lights both go solid green when fully charged. Although the one with the flashing amber/orange light still holds the charge I’m just curious as to why this does this? Is the battery coming to the end of its life? Any info would be appreciated. I cant find this problem discussed on the help topics or forum!

Hi neighbors. If your light patterns on your Quick Release Battery are different from what is mentioned in the solution, try using a different micro USB cable or charging block to see if it helps. If you have tried this and are still having the same concern, reach out to our support team for further assistance. Give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.