Battery life

I just got my doorbell in December and installed it in January… I am charging the battery about every 3 weeks when I ask my family how long their batteries last they tell me months so what’s wrong I have it set when only a person is detected and my area is not an active area at all

Hey @Jschimpff. How many events (Live View, motion recordings, ding events, snapshot footage in Timeline, etc.) do you have a day? If you are having more than 10 events a day, you may be having excessive battery drain. You can learn more about what causes battery drainage here.

I have hardly any movement throughout the day some days nothing at all it’s a very quiet area

@Jschimpff When you go into your event history, what is the number of events you have had each day for the past few days? To have this further looked into with better detail and knowledge of your device and its history, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

on 5/20 - 3

5/19-3

5/18-8 we were doing yard work so we activated it more than usual

5/17-same as above

5/16-2

@Jschimpff Thank you for detailing that! You definitely are not having enough events to result in the device’s battery only lasting that long. At this point, please reach out to our support team for further diagnosis on this concern. Let me know how the call goes! :slight_smile:

I have had major issues with battery life since Ring updated their firmware earlier this year. Prior to this update my battery would last for around 4/6 months! The new feature to conserve battery life is useless too. Ring are not helpful when you phone either.

What number should I call

Hey neighbors! For more advanced troubleshooting assistance, you can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. I hope that helps! :slight_smile: