Battery life appauling

I have had a ring doorbell for 6 months now noone said I had to pay 2.50 a month after to view videos and record and now battery lasts no more than 3 days is this a common fault with the batteries. Have reset to factory and battery is so bad

Hi @Morfiousx. Does your Doorbell experience a large number of events each day? If your Doorbell is recording a lot of motions, dings, and Live Views, the battery will discharge more quickly than you may expect. You can try adjusting your motion settings such as the Motion Frequency and the Motion Sensitivity to help reduce the number of events your Doorbell is recording to help conserve battery life.

If the battery is still draining quickly after adjusting your settings, I’d suggest touching base with our support team so they can help determine what may be going on. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

1 Like