Battery failing

I have a solar security camera which is about 6 months old and today it is advising me that it’s down to 26%. The other solar camera I have is fully charged so it’s not a problem with light.
A code is on the app P3-17 which I can’t find what it means.
I don’t know if the battery is failing or the panel is not charging. It doesn’t get much use so my thoughts are towards a failed battery.

Hi @user300633. This is a low-battery indicator. I would suggest charging your battery to full capacity. Also, ensure that your Solar Panel is clean and getting at least 4 hours of sunlight per day.

I also have P3-17 on a solar panel charged camera pro. The panel is in sunlight all day everyday, so I’m wondering if the battery is faulty, rather than anything else?
Battery drops to 3%, I reboot device and it shows 12%. Obviously overnight there is no solar so I expect a drop in battery but it never seems to charge.
I’ve taken the battery out and am charging to full on mains power then will reinsert to see what’s what.
The kit is less than 2 months old so am hoping this can be resolved.
Anyone else having similar issues that don’t make any sense? I read a lot about firmware issues, can these updates be pushed by Ring to the device(s)?

Hi @maceland. You also want to make sure the Solar Panel is plugged correctly into your Camera. If you have tried this step and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call for further assistance.

I am having the same problem. The other camera is at 100% and the front one is at 3%. I can pull the battery charge it and it will last about a month with solar.

If you’re experiencing issues with the Ring Solar Panel, please review the following troubleshooting tips:

• Make sure your Ring app is fully updated to the latest version available.
  • Ensure the Solar Panel is properly connected to your camera, and that it’s receiving several hours of direct sunlight per day.
  • Check how many events your camera is recording - a large number of events can drain the battery more quickly than it can be charged via the panel.
  • Perform a reboot from the Device Health page in the Ring app.

Should this issue persist after trying the above, please reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here to take a closer look. You can also get in touch with our support team on Facebook @Ring.