Battery Door Open Error Message

Getting the error battery door opened. I tried closing the battery lid with clicking sound more than 10 times and even tried resetting for 5 times. No use still showing the same error. How to stop these messages or get it to recognize the door is closed?

3 Likes

My battery spotlight cam just starty doing the same thing. Open and closed it several times and still have a error.

1 Like

So does mine. Any answers to this problem?

1 Like

Hey neighbors! At this time, if your Spotlight Camera will not report the battery hatch as closed, please attempt the following:

• Ensure there is no debris in the battery hatch and that the hatch is closed fully. It will make a clicking sound once lock and closed fully.
  • Press and hold the setup button on the Cam for 20 seconds and complete the setup in the Ring app. If the device is already online, you will go into the Device Health section and tap on Change Wifi Network to walk through another setup.
  • If lights flash and setup is not completing in the app, please remove and reinstall the Ring app on your mobile device, disable any VPN (if applicable), and have your wifi router close to your Camera (if possible). You can also see if you can connect the device on another Ring app on another phone you can log into to see if this helps the setup.

If the above steps do not result in successful setup or operation of showing the battery hatch closed as after, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for the summary of steps to follow.

Unfortunately the message keeps returning in my app.

I will contact local support in the Netherlands.

Regards, Emilio

1 Like

Make sure the batteries are charged. A dead battery will activate the door open alarm.

Just bought this camera today. And same here. No clue how to resolve this. Thinking of returning the camera back. Not happy at all

Hi, i had this also and many other issues. Ring has a major outage…

Hi, Ring has a major outage…??

1 Like

Hi neighbors. Ring was experiencing an outage that may be the cause of your concern. Please note that the issues within the app and the website would have been affecting this feature, but as of Nov 27, 11:44 UTC, a fix has been implemented and we are monitoring the results. If you are still experiencing any further issues with your Ring devices and how they were behaving previously, I recommend giving our support team a call so they can look into this further. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

I did call tech support because one of the battery does not go to a 100% even with a usb charger, his answer was to wait until the winter is over…I’m trying, without success so far to get help from ring with our solar panel which has stopped charging the battery since november 26Th 2020…This is frustrating.