Battery Discharges in Less Than 2 Days

I have had problems with Ring 2 Doorbell battery discharging very quickly ever since winter. It is about a year old and the battery used to last months. I thought maybe I had damaged my original battery duing the winter by charging it while cold, so I bought a new one and charged it to full “green light” status.

I installed it yesterday and today it is at 19%. Low temperature over night was 54F. High temperature this battery experienced was 80F. RSSI -36.

What is going on? Can the Ring Doorbell 2 be shorted out or what?

Hey @jnt. Thank you for detailing your experience here and what you have done to see if this is a battery concern or a device concern. Major props to you for this! After reading the information provided, it sounds like the Doorbell is unable to hold that charge on the device. Could you please reach out to our support team to see what could be causing this and how they plan to resolve this for you? Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how this goes, as your answer may help other neighbors! :slight_smile: