Battery compatibility questions

I need to know can the extra battery from a Ring doorbell 2 work in a Ring doorbell 4? I was searching for an extra battery for the new video doorbell 4 I was purchasing the first listing that came up next to the video doorbell I had in my cart I added along with it. A month later after finally getting to installing everything with the battery it came with I finally took a look at the extra batter and changing station I purchased along with it when I noticed the little box say “for Ring video doorbell 2”! I’ve read online it works with the video doorbell 3but no one anywhere says anything about the it working with the video doorbell 4’s? And if it does, is it capable of the same longevity?

Good question, @Prestone1! Any Video Doorbell model that uses this Quick Release Battery will indeed be using the same battery type. This means you can have many backup batteries to be used for any Ring device that uses this battery type. The Ring device models that use this same battery are:

• Video Doorbell 2, Video Doorbell 3, Video Doorbell 3 Plus, Video Doorbell 4, Peephole Cam.
  • Spotlight Cam Battery, Spotlight Cam Solar, Stick Up Cam Battery (all generations), Stick Up Cam Solar (all generations).
  • Solar Floodlight.

I hope this helps! :slight_smile: