Battery Charging

My new battery has been charging for 15 hours and I still have the Orange and Green lights on. It has never gone to just Green as described in the manual.

Hi @dlapof. What Ring Doorbell or Camera do you have? It should only take about 8 to 10 hours total to fully charge the battery. Also, make sure you’re charging the battery using the included cable along with a standard power outlet. Some neighbors have used the USB ports on their computer, for example, which will charge the battery much more slowly than a standard power outlet.

I have the camera, and yep I used the cord supplied with a wall charger

Thank you for confirming that information, @dlapof! It sounds like you’ve charged your battery for plenty of time. Try inserting it into your Ring device, ensuring your Ring device is connected to the network, and check the Ring app to see what battery level shows up. If battery level does not update, try triggering an event such as motion detection, and check again.

If the battery is not working to power up your Ring device, or battery concerns persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.