Battery charge indicator gives wrong reading

My Ring doorbell fails due to the battery being flat even though the charge is showing as over 40% in the Device Health section of the app. Is there any way to fix this. I have tried a Reboot and am waiting to see if this works but as I have just put a fully charged battery on the doorbell it will be some time before I know or not.

Hi @user79149. Performing a reboot and inserting a fully charged battery into the Doorbell are great troubleshooting steps to start with. If the issue arises again, can you please clarify what you mean when you say the Ring Doorbell fails due to the battery? Does it report the battery as being too low and prevent you from activating the Live View? Feel free to share any screenshots that help demonstrate what you’re seeing on your end. :slight_smile:

Hi Caitlin, the doorbell just fails to ring when the button is pressed even though the device health screen shows over 40% charge left. Replacing the battery with a fully charged one gets the door bell working again.

@user79149 Check that Ring Alerts are toggled on in the Ring app, and verify if the doorbell press is being registered in the Event History. This will determine if it’s a notification problem or if the Doorbell isn’t registering that you’ve pressed the button at all. If the ring alert doesn’t show in the Event History, it would be best to reach out to our support team to take a look at things on the back end.