Battery at 2% even when charged

Today my door bell showed 2% even after trying two batteries. Problematic doorbell is gen3.

It’s beyond me, back door is doing this, front door appears fine.

If someone tells me I have to reinstall app I won’t be too pleased.

I’m wondering if the cold has affected the door bell somehow.

Thanks

Dave

Hi @sivesrutherfordd. Very cold weather can impact the performance of the battery, but it depends on the temperature. The following are key temperatures to watch out for in regards to your batteries:

• 36°F (3°C): The battery may not hold a charge as effectively, resulting in you having to charge the unit more frequently.
  • 32°F (0°C): The battery may not charge at all. Even hardwired configurations may not charge the battery.
  • -5°F (-20.5°C): The battery may stop working completely until temperatures warm up.

You can read more information on the effects of cold weather here. If the temperature isn’t in the range listed above, then you can try rebooting the Doorbell after you insert a fully charged battery. In the Ring app tap the menu in the top left > Devices > your Doorbell > Device Health > Reboot This Device. The reboot may take a few moments, but should force the Device Health page to update with the new battery percentage.