Batteries discharge when placed into spotlight cam

I have a spotlight cam. The battery was dead. I charged the battery until all green. I hooked a solar charger to it so the battery would auto charge. Plugged in the battery and it immediately indicated red on the cam. Pulled the battery put on charger and charged again until green. This all happened a second time. Thought the battery was compromised somehow so bought a 2nd battery. Charged it for 36 hours to all green. Plugged new battery in and it did the same thing.

Hey @Martintyler. It sounds like something is happening with how the Spotlight Cam is reading the batteries. Could you try charging up both batteries to full and green, and once you insert them, please press and hold down the setup button on the Spotlight Cam for 20 seconds. After this time has passed, please go into the Ring app > Main Menu > Devices > Spotlight Cam > Device Health and tap on Change or Reconnect to Wifi. This will take you through another setup of the device, and then after the setup is complete, check to see if the batteries are reading correctly!

In the event they still may not, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how this goes, as your answer may help other neighbors! :slight_smile: