Ring Alarm

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring Alarm and Ring Alarm Pro.
U
User Solution
Closed
Basestation can't be connected with wifi after installed with wired connection
connectivity
troubleshooting
base-station

I installed my basestation with a lan cable and that worked fine. Now I want to move it where the cable isnt possible and tried to add wifi connection and it isn’t possible. I read all helpsections and the only option left is contacting support. Please help.

28-01-2024 02:00:14

Responses (3)

C

Hi @user68716. Is there a specific error message you’re receiving in the Ring app when you try to connect your Base Station to wifi? Feel free to share a screenshot of what you’re seeing on your end. We can assist with general troubleshooting, but need more information first.

30-01-2024 10:14:28

U

Hi

I attach the screenshot. It says I have no wifi which is completely wrong. Its next to the basestation.

20-02-2024 10:03:06

T

Hi @user68716. What happens when you try to add the network manually? Are there any security settings in place that might be blocking your Ring Alarm from joining. As a test, try connecting your Ring Alarm to a WiFi hotspot. Let me know if you get the same error when connecting to a WiFi hotspot. Thanks, neighbor.

20-02-2024 03:44:22

U

Hi Tom

See attached screenshot. There are nothing preventing the basestation to connect and everything else in ny house, sensors, cameras, speakers and other smart products works perfectly fine.

20-02-2024 08:56:03

T

Hi @user68716. Thank you for following up. If you are unable to connect your Base Station to a WiFi hotspot, you’ll need to reach out to out support team directly. Please send us a private message on Facebook @Ring or give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

21-02-2024 04:45:57

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

22-03-2024 04:46:55

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User