Base station ran out of battery under 2 hrs

Major power outage in our area and the ring base station (which is always plugged in to AC outlet ) runs for 2 hrs and dies . Sounds like a battery problem to me. How do I get the battery replaced?

@abhibag wrote:
Major power outage in our area and the ring base station (which is always plugged in to AC outlet ) runs for 2 hrs and dies . Sounds like a battery problem to me. How do I get the battery replaced?

Your Base Station includes a battery backup (that allows your system to keep working if the power goes out or your base station is accidentally unplugged) is located on the back of your Base Station. The cover over the battery is locked closed with a screw. It should have worked normally for fifteen minutes using battery backup. And after fifteen minutes, the Base Station should have continued to monitor your sensors and send alarm signals but will shut off any other features to preserve battery life (depending on your usage, should have had enough battery power for up to 24 hours). So, if the back-up battery only lasted 2 hours, then it does sound like you might need a battery replacement, and you should contact Ring Support by telephone:

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036196372-Get-in-Touch

I hope this information is helpful. :slight_smile:

1 Like