Base station disconnecting and signing out

My base station has experienced disconnecting issues for a couple of years now. Support has been frustrating. Not only does the base station disconnect from wifi, but also somehow gets signed out of my account. Pushing the reset button doesn’t work in my case, I’ve had to uninstall/ factory reset every single device in order to reinstall and get the entire system working properly again. This is obviously a complete failure of an essential security product. This has happened multiple times in 2 years. Power outages are the main source of blame in most of the forum posts. I definitely suffer from them and guess what, everyone else does too. In fact I expect power grid issues to increase for everyone in the future. I use self monitoring, and often wonder if there is any correlation to that and the seemingly lack of a Ring solution via software upgrades. I am looking to replace the entire system at this point, and am close to purchasing a new Simplisafe system. Frustration and lack of confidence in a company and product line is very hard to overcome, especially when there is little evidence that they even care 1 iota about it or it’s customers!

Hi @Brett328. The issues you are having with your Base Station don’t seem typical. Provided that you have a strong WiFi signal, you Base Station should reconnect automatically after a power outage and this certainly should not cause you to get signed out of your Ring app. As a test, try connecting your Base Station to a WiFi Hotspot, and then unplugging it and plugging it back it to see if it will automatically reconnect. This will let you know if there are security protocols on your network that are prohibiting your Base Station from reconnecting. If you’ve tried this to no avail, I suggest following up with our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.