Base Station disarms itself during the night

Base station is plugged in. I arm at bedtime. For the past two nights I find that the system has disarmed itself sometime during the night. Nothing shows in History. How do I fix.

Hi @bob_brock! The best first thing to check here is which mode is being used. Arming in home mode is most often used for bedtime, and will include only entryway sensors by default (can be changed). Away mode will arm all Sensors by default. This is important in case you have sensors that are tampered, or showing as open, and need bypassed before arming. Checking your Alarm modes options, delays, included sensors, and if any doors/ windows might be open, can help to ensure the system can properly arm your entire Alarm System.

Once your Alarm is successfully armed, it should not change from that state unless altered via Ring app or Keypad. Even in a power outage, the Alarm has battery back up to remain running and, if you have Professional Monitoring/ a Protect Plus Plan, cellular backup will also ensure the Alarm remains in communication for emergency signals if there is a network outage. Of course, you’d likely know if power or network outage was the cause. Feel free to let us know what you find! :slight_smile:

1 Like

We have had the exact same problem.
Go to bed set the alarm in home mode.
Alarm arms successfully. There are no “open” sensors.
Wake up in the morning and the alarm is disabled with no record in the history showing it being disarmed.
Has happened a number of times now. Please advise?
Can’t have this happening.

Hi @Dogshark. I would recommend following up with our support team on this matter. While we can give general troubleshooting tips and suggestions, our support team can actually take a closer look at your account and your Ring Alarm system to determine what may be causing this. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.