Bang sound on outdoor ring stick up cam playback

Does anyone else hear a loud bang sound when playing back video on their outdoor ring stick up cam. Looking for a fix. Thank you

1 Like

Hi @user6973. I reviewed the video you shared but wasn’t able to hear any loud bang sound as you’re describing. The audio is louder for the first second or so of the video, and then the audio levels out and is consistent through the rest of the video. Different factors such as the environment and weather, particularly wind, can be at play here as well.

The bang noise can be clearly heard prior to 1 sec of recording. My next issue is the stick up cam continues to go offline every 2 weeks.

1 Like

@user6973 If you’re experiencing connectivity concerns with your Stick Up Cam and it’s disconnecting frequently, I would recommend first checking the RSSI to see a measure of the wifi connection that your Stick Up Cam is receiving. A higher RSSI could cause the wifi to disconnect, and there’s likely wifi interference at play as well. You can find more information on your device’s RSSI in our Community Post here, and more information on wifi in our Help Center Article here. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Did they ever give actual answers and fix it. Just got mine and I honestly thought my camera caught the sound of gun shots. Them realized its the 1st sec of every video. Annoying.

1 Like

Did this ever get solved?

1 Like

Hi neighbors. If your Ring Camera is outside, different factors such as the weather, and particularly wind, can cause different sounds on the Camera when viewing video playback. Some outdoor sounds may be unavoidable. For any other sound or audio issues, try the troubleshooting steps found here.

If you need further help with your Ring device, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. A member of our support team can offer more in-depth troubleshooting assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.