Bad quality at night on stick up cam

I have two wired stick up cams, both outdoors on opposite ends of the house. Both have excellent daytime video quality. At night, even though lighting conditions are the same, one has great clarity, the other is so cloudy the video is unusable. I’ve cleaned the front of the camera, but there is no change. Settings for both cameras is the same (color nighttime set on, but I’ve set it off to see if there is a difference, there isn’t).

Here is sample from the other camera, other side of house with similar lighting conditions. It has excellent clarity.

Hi @CWY! Thank you for these image examples. It is definitely clear that your one Cam should be operating just the same as your Pool Camera. I recommend testing multiple videos on the Camera in question to see if night vision is intermittent. If night vision sometimes works here, please check the wifi signal to ensure this camera is able to adjust optimally.

I recommend also checking any device settings for this Camera, specifically any video settings that might help with night vision. If this concern persists, please perform a reset on this Camera by holding the setup button for 20 seconds. Once the reset is complete, setup the Cam and test a live view in the dark. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

The night video is the same all the time. No matter what time of night, it is the same cloudy unseeable mess. It has been this way for months. I’ve reset it several times, it has the exact same settings as the other cam. It gets super strong wifi signal on 5GHz band (RSSI-56) (it is essentially just on the other side of the exterior wall from my router, maybe 10 feet away).

Thank you for confirming this information! The only other thing I’d recommend here, is testing with the 2.4 ghz wifi frequency. The distance to the router and speeds sound sufficient enough for intended operation, but the RSSI and channel presents a potential variable.

If switching to the 2.4 Ghz did not help with lens adjustment, in addition to the other steps mentioned, Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I also have the exact same problem. If there is a reply on how to improve the situation, pls let me know as well. Thanks.

Completely reset the device. Remove it from the app, hold the button on the bottom for 15 seconds to reset it. Then, add the camera back to the app doing a full setup. My picture quality returned to normal, very good quality at night and day.

1 Like

I have the same issue.
I’m going to return the camera to Amazon.
The only reason I got this cam was to be able to record license plates at nights.

I have a camera system which is installed further back and can’t capture the plates at night.

I placed the right just 6 ft away from where the plate will be. It can’t capture license plate even within 4 ft!!! Because of the lighting. The contrast is awful. So the whole plate will show as white.