Backdoor Ring2 failed to connect

My Ring2 door bell suddenly failed to connect to my wifi. Pressed the reset button but the Blue running lights remains as Blue instead of Changing to WHITE which is why my wifi did not pick up the device. No way to contact Ring team which is annoying

Hey @ClarenceGoh. You will definitely need to give our support team a call on this concern to get this sorted out. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. If you’re still unable to get in touch, please let me know where you’re located at (country) and what time you’re calling so I can get the best number and time for you.

Hi Chelsea,

I tried calling both numbers for Singapore
001 800 8700 9781
or 008 800 8700 9781

But failed. Can you call me at +65 9188 4691.

This Ring 2 was purchased and installed in Sept 2019 to replaced my previous Ring device.

In short, after depressing the reset button, the Blue lights remains and there is no running White light which thus not allowing me to setup or connect to my wifi. I am sure device is faulty as it just suddenly stop connecting. My front door Ring 2 is working perfectly.

Please urgently assist as this is coming to two week.

Regards,

Clarence

Hi there,

If Ring is not interested to resolve my back door Ring2 issue, I am fine. Just refund me USD30 because it was right on the day that I was charged when my device failed to connect.

I am explained countless time that after depressing the reset button, the Blue Light remains and didn’t change to a running White Light. These two Ring2 was bought in September 2019 to replaced my Ring devices which. is not even a year old.

Cheers,

Clarence

Hi Chelsea,

When will anyone attend to my cry in vain help. No respond and no call back. Is this really a company that put our security at heart and serve us with empty promises.

Because if you are not interested in solving your customers problem, will you be interested in securing our home.

I am truly disappointed.

@ClarenceGoh My apologizes that we could not get back to you sooner. The moderators are not here on the weekends, and this why I could not get back to you sooner. As we are a neighbor to neighbor support forum, we are not a direct line to support. With this in mind, we are unable to replace devices, process refunds and anything else billing/order related from the Community forum, and this needs to be handled with support. What happens when you called support from that number, and what times are you calling? You will need to ensure you are calling during the times the support is available over the phones.

You will need to ensure you call into either [001 800 8700 9781 or 008 800 8700 9781 ](tel:001 800 8700 9781)from 8AM-8PM CEST, from Monday to Sunday. If you’re calling outside of these hours, you will be unable to reach support, so please let me know if you’ve been contacting during these times, since you have confirmed the correct number. In addition, you may have long wait times due to COVID-19, but I encourage you to stay on the line until you are in touch with a support representative that can help out.

Hi Chelsea,

I have given as calling it can’t get connected and gave my cell number for a call back and no one bother to call.

It is coming to nearly two months that my backdoor Ring2 is out of service.

I have removed my Credit Card from my account so that comes July 2021, I will not be charged AGAIN

Chelsea,

My Ring2 failed on 1st week of July and it is coming to end August where I am been trying in vain to get assistance.

I know of Covid restriction but not bothering to provide and resolve customer service especially for a company providing security is a real shame.

I have difficulty in contacting you guy and have left my contact for you guys to call and despite so many chasers sent, you guys turned a deaf ears leaving your customer in desperate mode.

This is my last contact sent and for all who wanted to get Ring and pay USD30 yearly, please be wary that they are not customer centric at all.

Chelsea,

My Ring2 failed on 1st week of July and it is coming to end August where I am been trying in vain to get assistance.

I know of Covid restriction but not bothering to provide and resolve customer service especially for a company providing security is a real shame.

I have difficulty in contacting you guy and have left my contact for you guys to call and despite so many chasers sent, you guys turned a deaf ears leaving your customer in desperate mode.

This is my last contact sent and for all who wanted to get Ring and pay USD30 yearly, please be wary that they are not customer centric at all.

Did you read here post to you?
Maybe answer her questions and she’ll be able to help more.
Here’s her post if you didn’t read it.
"@ClarenceGoh My apologizes that we could not get back to you sooner. The moderators are not here on the weekends, and this why I could not get back to you sooner. As we are a neighbor to neighbor support forum, we are not a direct line to support. With this in mind, we are unable to replace devices, process refunds and anything else billing/order related from the Community forum, and this needs to be handled with support. What happens when you called support from that number, and what times are you calling? You will need to ensure you are calling during the times the support is available over the phones.

You will need to ensure you call into either 001 800 8700 9781 or 008 800 8700 9781 from 8AM-8PM CEST, from Monday to Sunday. If you’re calling outside of these hours, you will be unable to reach support, so please let me know if you’ve been contacting during these times, since you have confirmed the correct number. In addition, you may have long wait times due to COVID-19, but I encourage you to stay on the line until you are in touch with a support representative that can help out. "

Covid has affected everything. This isn’t the out company having issues. If you can’t understand it, then I guess where are hasn’t had thousands die from it and mandatory lockdowns. Most companies have less than half the staff due to this.
If your calling outside the hours stated, you won’t get through. But if you are and are having problems still. Let her know. They take care of people her as best they can but they can only do some things. They are not customer service. Hopefully this helps explains things a bit better.

1 Like

Yes I did and it was on 17 July where I was told that the moderator was not in.

I couldn’t get through the given numbers and have provided my own contact for you guys to reach out to me.

This is my 3rd batch of Ring devices and I am sure my backdoor Ring2 is faulty and it was purchased and replaced only back in September 2019.

Hey @ClarenceGoh. As we are a neighbor to neighbor support forum, we are not a direct line to support. You will need to call out support team directly in order to get this resolved. We are unable to make outbound calls from the Community, so I apologize that we cannot help further. Please do not include your personal phone number, as this is a public Community forum and it is not safe to have your personal information out like that. I recommend continuing to try to contact us at the numbers I have provided you during the times I have said the phone support center is open. Once you are able to get in touch with our team, they can help out from there.

I gave up contacting Ring due to the time zone and short service duration.

In short my backdoor Ring2 is faulty as I tried many times again to reset and the white running light didn’t turn blue. Hence it refused to connect to my wifi.

Unless I get a replacement, else I will let my service run down till July 2021 and drop this subscription.

Hey there, @ClarenceGoh. The best way to reach our support team is to give them a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to also check out our warranty page for information on device replacement. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: