Ring Alarm

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring Alarm and Ring Alarm Pro.
B
User Solution
Closed
Away mode why does the motion sensor have a count down to sound the alarm
motion-detector
contact-sensor
alarm
troubleshooting

For the motion sensor in the away mode why is there a count down and not an instant alarm?

I want to have this kind of set up just in case someone is able to come into the home without tripping any of the door and window sensors. I know that once the motion sensor is tripped and the alarm is in away mode, it will start the count down before sounding the alarm but I’m still looking to get an alert regardless. Can you assist?

01-02-2024 01:58:10

Responses (3)

C
User Solution

Hi @blueforce22. Whether or not a Motion Detector or Contact Sensor has the Entry/Exit Delay applied to it depends on what Placement it is set as. Entryway and Main Door sensors will apply the Entry/Exit Delays, while the other options will trigger the alarm immediately. You can follow the instructions @user63814 shared to adjust the Placement of your sensors. :slight_smile:

02-02-2024 05:52:05

U

You can, you just have to set up the motion sensor correctly.

Device > Alarm Base Station > (choose motion sensor) > Device Settings > Placement > Move to “Room”.

01-02-2024 09:34:44

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

03-03-2024 05:52:52

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User