Average Single Battery Life

I know there’ll be quite a few factors but what have folk found to be the average time the battery lasts in a Spotlight Cam with the “Motion Settings” “Motion Frequency” set to “ “Frequently”?

Assuming it’s a low traffic area with say only 10 activations a day, will it only last a few hours, days, a month? I can see that under these circumstances a doorbell battery may last anywhere up to 6 months.

There’s no way to really say as every setup and environment is different. Even air temps can affect battery life.
The best way to find out is to test it under your conditions yourself.
I purposely bought a Spotlight Camera with Solar power just so I wouldn’t have to wonder or manually recharge the batteries.

1 Like

Yeah I get that. I’ll do some testing over the next few weeks. I have a solar panel on it but live in Scotland so I don’t know if that’ll help much. :joy::joy::joy:

I live in a similar climate and stays mostly cloudy. My solar panel has been able to keep up so far and keep the battery at 100%.

1 Like

Thanks @SolarEclipse

I’ll keep an eye on it and see how it goes. I’d rather have it on “Frequently’ for the Motion Frequency as I reckon in “Regularly” it’s missing about 50% of the motion events. Maybe not quite but certainly misses quite a few.

Yeah, you definitely have to tweak your settings for your particular setup. I’ve had to do a couple times before my various devices were lasting through the day easily and giving me enough Alerts.

2 Likes