Audio issue

When someone rings my doorbell I can’t hear them talk. If it records I can hear but if I try to talk I can’t hear them but they can hear me

1 Like

I’m unable to hear visitors when answering speaking through Ring Peephole. Any assistance or advice is appreciated.

I’m having the sand issues! They can hear me but I can’t hear them. Now sometimes the video recording is a black screen. I’ve tried everything and even called them and nothing helped.

Same issues here and sometimes my video is black. Sometimes when it start recording you can hear audio, but then it cuts out.

Hey neighbors! Happy to help here with your concerns. In the event that you are having a poor audio quality, I recommend following the tips and tricks in this Help Center Article here. If the audio quality on an event history video playback sounds good, then you may need to change the way you are starting the Live View. Ensure you hit the green phone icon to start the call, and that the speaker and microphone button are not muted. In addition, you’ll want to make sure you don’t have bluetooth device, such as headphones or a watch, that may be taking over the audio. Lastly, the Live View is often treated like a phone call on some phones, so you may need to talk to the microphone at the button or top of your phone, as well as hold up the phone to your ear to hear the person if that becomes a concern!

@monicamendoza682 For your black video concern, please follow our Ring Help Center Article here. That should help fix your concern, as well as the audio problems you are having as well!

Neighbors, please feel free to comment how you found a resolution, as your answer may help others. If you continue to have a concern, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

No, this does not answer the question in the slightest. Why does the doorbell not provide audio of the visitor? They can hear me. Is there a setting to change or is it just a product that nowhere lives up to it’s advertised features?

1 Like

Hey @DrJekyll002. The Doorbell should allow you to hear the audio from the person on the other side, as well as them hear you. If you are finding that you cannot hear any audio from the other side, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Hi Meg,
I have this exact same issue bow, though when i first installed the doorbell a few weeks ago it worked to egin with.

Did you manage to resolve it, if so how please?!

Thanks

Marc