Audio cuts in and out

On both the live view and recorded history the audio continuously cuts in out. I have had my Ring doorbell for several years and this started a few weeks ago.

Hi @CNL390. I’d recommend checking out our Audio and Sound Troubleshooting Guide, as it will help you go through some of the basic steps to resolve an audio concern like this. If none of those steps work and this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can troubleshoot this further with you. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

The troubleshooting guide only addresses live view problems. My problem is also with the recorded history. And this problem is new. For years it has been fine.

Our Doorbell Pro has also recently started doing this same thing. It cuts in and out on live and on recordings (almost rhythmically, every time, example: 1 second with sound, followed by 1 second without, through the entire video/live viewing). We have had it since 2018 without any issues until now. I have also looked at the suggested troubleshooting guide above and it does not address this problem.

Hi neighbors! As mentioned, if you’ve attempted all the troubleshooting steps in the guide I shared and this concern persists, our support team can help troubleshoot further. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can take a deeper look at this concern with you. :slight_smile:

Mine is doing the same on an Android phone for the live feed. Audio cuts in and cuts out. Very much rhythmic.

Recordings work fine. Signal is “good”.

I just got a Ring Pro, and have been observing the same 2-sec rhythmic sound cut-out on my Android phone Ring app (Samsung S22 Ultra). This happens with the Live View and Event History sounds, but not the recent recordings in the Live View area that were recently processed (time-ranged items with rounded edges).

I just called Ring tech support today and tried running the Live View and Event History items while talking on the Android phone with tech support (to let them hear it too), and suddenly the sound became normal without cutting out. I thought all was now finally okay, but as soon as I got off the call the rhythmic cutting-out problem started again. I tried calling my home phone from my Android phone to replicate this and observed that the sound worked fully again while on that normal telephone call as well.

This tells me that the Android Ring app seems to be having issues with accessing/using the sound and/or microphone functionality on the Android device, and that when the Android’s phone app is using the Android’s sound functionality, it somehow gets the Android phone’s sound functionality/service into a state in which the Ring app can piggy-back off of it to also work normally as well. Seems like something therefore for Ring to fix in their Android app.

Can anyone else test and verify this as well?

1 Like

Hi

Did you managed to get this resolved?
I am facing the same issue. But its bizarre.
We have 2 Samsung S10+, on one of them, the sound comes out fine theough the doorbell when talking theoigh the phone. The other, its very patchy and intermittent. I suspect this is a phone or Ring App issue now rather than the doorbell or connection.

Thanks