Audible Alert on my Samsung S9 will not sound

I have a ring doorbell set up,and I have the app installed on my Samsung S9+ smartphone.

I can not get the phone to sound an audible alert when the doorbell is pressed, it will just vibrate and send a pop up alert, even if I have deselected to vibrate option in the app.

I have the media voloume turned all the way up, and the Ring notification selected.

I have it connected to my Echo Show 5 as well, and thought maybe this was the reason it would not sound on my phone, however there is no difference when I disable the Akexa.

I missed a very important caller over the weekend, as I was not able to hear or feel the phone vibrating whilst I was out, and really need the phone to sound to alert me. Can you help please.

Hey @PJ3. Could you try removing the Ring app, rebooting your phone and then reinstalling the Ring app to see if this helps out? In addition, please ensure there are not apps that could be conflicting with the Ring app in our Help Center Article here. After this, go into your Ring app > Main Menu > Devices > Doorbell > Device Settings > Alert Settings > App Alert Tones and ensure you have a tone selected!

Thank you for your reply,

Yes I have tried all of that on a number of occasions, and can confirm that I have none of the Apps listed installed on my phone.

@PJ3 Thanks for getting back to me! If you’ve tried all of these things and still to no avail, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Did you get it sorted? I have the same problem