Attic Heat Sensors

Are there any attic heat sensors that are compatible with the Ring Alarm System. I have switched over from a wired system and would like to keep this feature if available.

Hey @MarkPr. The only type of heat sensor that we have would be the Motion Sensor. What the Motion Sensor does is it can detect motion based off of PIR, which would detect any change in a heat signature. Although, being an attic that may get hot can set off potential false alarms, or if the motion sensor is facing an attic window that get a lot of sunlight, could give you false alarms. You can always try a Motion Sensor in the attic to see if this works for you!

In addition, if this doesn’t seem like the right fit, feel free to put your request in our Feature Request board. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place! :slight_smile:

I own a company that installs smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. I would recommend getting a heat detector and the ring smoke and co listener. I would not recommend using a regular smoke detector due to the fact that dust particles could cause it to go off.

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestion, I have 2 heat sensors in the attic installed by ADT. I assume they have an alarm sound on them. The Ring Listener would not degrade like a smoke detector would with dust, enviroment, etc…? I assume it would need to be installed near the heat sensors.

Hey neighbors! Great suggestions here but please note that the Ring Smoke and Co Listener is only programmed to listen for the common temporal sounds given from Smoke and Co Alarms. If your heat sensor does not give off these sounds, the Ring Smoke and Co Listener will not work for you. Please note that the Listener also has to be no more than 6 inches away from the device that it is listening for, so the configuration suggested may not be ideal unless it can give off these sounds and you can place the Listener right next to one (and it’ll only be able to listen to that one).

Thank you for the information, most helpful.

1 Like