Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
V
Attaching Ring 2 to existing intercom system
hardwired-video-doorbell
troubleshooting
Looking for help here! I bought my parents a Ring 2 doorbell that we are finally getting around to installing. Their existing doorbell was connected with two wires. One red one black. There are two wire not connected that are orange and yellow. They have the old 80’s intercom console that the doorbell rings thru. Connecting with the black and red wires don’t power the ring doorbell. I tried connecting using the orange and yellow wires and successfully got power. The problem is that the when we ring the bell, the inside chime never goes off. It rings continuously. What are we doing wrong? ![IMG_0088|375x500](upload://pU3SIRaSqtLwejSQ2sCg8lGkkqU.jpeg)

09-07-2023 12:49:20

Responses (2)

T
Hi @Von33618. Ring Video Doorbells are not compatible with pre-existing intercom systems. You'll need to have a [Doorbell Transformer](https://ring.com/products/hardwired-transformer) installed.

10-07-2023 03:43:42

S
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

09-08-2023 03:44:12

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User