Ring Alarm

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring Alarm and Ring Alarm Pro.
U
ATT Internet/Uverse Modem
connectivity
installation
troubleshooting
alarm-pro

I am planning to get a Ring Alarm System Pro but have a question about swapping out the modem. It is my understanding the ATT for internet and Uverse you must use their modem, so replacing it with the Ring is an issue. Has anyone else replaced their ATT modem without issue? I read there are work around’s such as bridging, but I am not that tech savvy.
Thanks in advanced

23-05-2024 06:48:39

Responses (2)

U

MaximTimeClock@user82576 ,

When dealing with AT&T Internet and U-verse, it’s true that you typically need to use their provided modem due to the specific configurations and network authentication methods they employ. However, you can integrate the Ring Alarm System Pro with your existing AT&T setup by using a method called bridging or passthrough mode. This allows your AT&T modem to work alongside the Ring Alarm System Pro without fully replacing it.

By using the bridging or passthrough mode, you can integrate the Ring Alarm System Pro with your AT&T modem without fully replacing it. This allows your Ring Alarm System Pro to manage the network while still adhering to AT&T’s requirements.

24-05-2024 02:08:36

C

Hi @user82576. The Ring Alarm Pro Base Station is designed to replace your router, not your modem. It would connect to your modem via an ethernet cable or wifi. We have information on what the setup process looks like here. You could check with your internet service provider to ensure this setup would be compatible with your modem.

24-05-2024 08:53:53

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

D

Danielhrch

User
Solutions